DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A wrong-way driver on Interstate-635 triggered an early morning crash which sent eight to the hospital on Monday.
Dallas Police say a pickup-truck entered the westbound lanes of Interstate-635 near Midway Road on an exit ramp, bouncing off of a semi-truck and striking two other vehicles. The driver of the vehicle fled the scene and is still at large.
Eight people were hospitalized, including five adults and three children. The passenger of the semi-truck was also sent to the hospital and has been questioned by police to determine the identity of the driver.
As of 7:00 a.m., all cars had been cleared from the scene of the crash, but fluid on the roadway has required the use of sand trucks and kept all but two lanes closed. The eastbound left lane has also been closed since early this morning.
Also Check Out:
- Larry Hagman Dead At The Age Of 81
- Hurst Officer Outburst Caught On Video
- Dallas Man Attacked By Pack Of Pit Bulls
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?
- Military Veterans Killed In Midland Train Wreck