SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (AP) - Golf officials are investigating a fight between two caddies near the practice chipping area at The Lakes before the first round of the Australian Open.
PGA Tour of Australasia officials said Friday that Grant Buchanan and Matt Kelly had to be separated after coming to blows as their players prepared for the opening round. Buchanan is James Nitties’ caddie, and Kelly works for Marc Leishman.
The caddies were interviewed by tour officials and could face disciplinary action.
Tournament director Andrew Langford-Jones said “we’ve spoken to those involved and we still need to speak to a few more people.”
Leishman had a 2-under 70 on Thursday, leaving him four strokes behind leader John Senden. Nitties shot 77.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19K In 13 Seconds
- Mothers & Daughters Bond Over Plastic Surgery
- Texas Woman Killed Trying To Prevent Boyfriend’s Suicide
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?