COLLEYVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – Colleyville has started a new program to encourage people to shop local.
The “Ccard” is the size of a credit card and currently offers discounts to about two-dozen Colleyville businesses.
The card is free and open to anyone, even those who live outside of Colleyville.
Consumers log onto ColleyvilleCloseBuy.com to see which businesses are participating and what discounts they are offering.
The card helps consumers save some cash and brings new traffic into Colleyville businesses.
“Colleyville citizens have made it clear they want to retain our businesses. CloseBuy, the associated Ccard discount program and our new CashMob effort are all aimed at boosting our businesses’ bottom lines – and reminding them how important they are to Colleyville,” says Colleyville Economic Development Director, Marty Wieder.
Though the program started just one month ago, Colleyville Marketing Coordinator, Heather Gaven, says the program is generating a lot of excitement among consumers and businesses alike.
Current discounts include:
• 10% off purchases from Briesly’s Boutique, From Across the Pond and several other businesses
• Buy one, get one cupcake free at C. Marie Sweets
• $20 toward any new salon or spa service at Elixir Salon and Day Spa
“Businesses can change the deals,” says Gaven. “Consumers can go on the website to see the deals out there. We will continually add new businesses to the program,” says Gaven.
Also Check Out:
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19K In 13 Seconds
- Mothers & Daughters Bond Over Plastic Surgery
- Texas Woman Killed Trying To Prevent Boyfriend’s Suicide
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?