ST. LOUIS (AP) – Jordair Jett and Cody Ellis scored 17 points apiece and Saint Louis held on to beat North Texas 67-63 Wednesday night.
Jett’s basket with 35 seconds remaining broke a 61-61 tie, and Ellis made four free throws to keep the Billikens (5-3) in control and give them back-to-back victories for the first time this season.
Saint Louis has won both of its games since the death of coach Rick Majerus, who stepped down before this season and was replaced by Jim Crews. Majerus died Saturday in Los Angeles.
Chris Jones led the Mean Green (3-6) with 21 points. Tony Mitchell had 18 points and eight rebounds for North Texas, which has lost four in a row.
It was the teams’ first meeting since 1981.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19K In 13 Seconds
- Mothers & Daughters Bond Over Plastic Surgery
- Texas Woman Killed Trying To Prevent Boyfriend’s Suicide
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?