NASHVILLE (CBSSPORTS.COM) – Insofar as the Michael Young-to-Philadelphia rumors go, CBSSports.com Insider Jon Heyman has the latest on his twitter feed.
Word is, #phillies getting closer to agreement to get michael young. Belief is tex would need to pay $10M of his $16M
It’s not surprising that the Rangers are going to have to pitch in cash to make this happen. However, considering Young’s declining skills and manager Ron Washington’s punishing over-reliance on him last season, it’ll be worth it from Texas’s standpoint, regardless of whom they get in return.
As for the Phillies, this would be a highly dubious addition. Young is a bad defender these days, and he’s coming off perhaps his worst season at the plate.
Also Check Out:
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19K In 13 Seconds
- Mothers & Daughters Bond Over Plastic Surgery
- Texas Woman Killed Trying To Prevent Boyfriend’s Suicide
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?