AUSTIN (AP) – Texas coach Mack Brown would not commit to starting Case McCoy or David Ash at quarterback in the Alamo Bowl against Oregon State.
In a bowl press conference on Thursday, Brown said his staff has not yet met to discuss bowl preparations and the quarterback position.
Ash had been the starter most of the season, but was replaced by McCoy in the regular season finale, a loss at Kansas State. McCoy had 17 straight completions at one point in that game, but also threw two interceptions that led to Kansas Stat touchdowns and the Texas loss.
Ash suffered a rib injury in Texas’ loss to TCU on Thanksgiving and also threw three interceptions in that game.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19K In 13 Seconds
- Mothers & Daughters Bond Over Plastic Surgery
- Texas Woman Killed Trying To Prevent Boyfriend’s Suicide
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?