LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - Texas A&M star Johnny Manziel has become the first freshman to win the Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award.
The award was presented Thursday night at the Home Depot College Football Awards show. Manziel beat out fellow finalists Collin Klein of Kansas State and Braxton Miller from Ohio State.
Manziel led the Aggies to a 10-2 record and Cotton Bowl berth.
Manziel passed for 3,419 yards and 24 touchdowns and posted a Southeastern Conference-record 4,600 yards of total offense on his way to his unanimous selection for Associated Press SEC offensive player of the year.
He is also a finalist for the Maxwell Award, given to the player of the year.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19,000 In 13 Seconds
- Mothers & Daughters Bond Over Plastic Surgery
- Texas Woman Killed Trying To Prevent Boyfriend’s Suicide
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?