CBS SPORTS - Rangers infielder Michael Young has been traded to the Phillies, CBSSports.com’s Jon Heyman and Danny Knobler have each confirmed. The trade required Young to waive his 10-and-5 rights, which, reports Bob Nightengale of USA Today, Young agreed to do in exchange for $1.2 million in undisclosed benefits. Young now becomes the Phillies’ every-day third baseman.
Heyman reports that the Rangers will pick up more than half of Young’s $16 million salary for 2013. As such, commissioner Bud Selig will need to approve the deal. He’s expected to do so.
Also Check Out:
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19,000 In 13 Seconds
- Mothers & Daughters Bond Over Plastic Surgery
- Texas Woman Killed Trying To Prevent Boyfriend’s Suicide
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?