KILLEEN (AP) — Police in Killeen are looking for a woman seen on a Walmart surveillance tape after a newborn infant girl was found unresponsive in a restroom at the Central Texas store.
Police were called Friday afternoon after an employee found the abandoned child not breathing. The girl was pronounced dead by a justice of the peace and an autopsy has been ordered.
Killeen police spokesman Carroll Smith said Sunday detectives believe the woman on the tape may have information about the case. She appears light-skinned and dark-haired and seen wearing a green T-shirt as she emerges from the restroom at the back of the store.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19,000 In 13 Seconds
- Mothers & Daughters Bond Over Plastic Surgery
- Texas Woman Killed Trying To Prevent Boyfriend’s Suicide
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?