From College Sports
LUBBOCK (AP) - Texas Tech says offensive line coach Chris Thomsen will serve as interim coach of the Red Raiders for their bowl game this month against Minnesota.
Thomsen got the nod Monday, two days after Tommy Tuberville left to take the head coaching position at Cincinnati. Also on Monday, Neal Brown, the team’s offensive coordinator the past three years, resigned to take the same job at Kentucky.
The Red Raiders play Minnesota in the Meineke Car Care Bowl in Houston on Dec. 28.
Thomsen was 51-21 in seven seasons at Abilene Christian and led the Wildcats to the NCAA Division II playoffs six consecutive seasons. He arrived at Texas Tech in February.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19,000 In 13 Seconds
- Mothers & Daughters Bond Over Plastic Surgery
- Texas Woman Killed Trying To Prevent Boyfriend’s Suicide
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?