Reporting Elizabeth Dinh
IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) - FedEx is getting ready for its busiest day ever. A record 19 million packages are expected to ship on Monday. That is more than twice the amount handled on a typical shipping day. And the company is looking to ship 280 million packages between Thanksgiving and Christmas. According to FedEx officials, the increase is the result of a jump in online holiday shopping on days like Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
The company’s shipping facility in Irving alone is expected to handle more than 52,000 packages on Monday. CBS 11 News reporter Elizabeth Dinh went inside of the FedEx facility in Irving to experience the holiday rush first-hand. Check out her reports in the videos below.
- Inside The Irving FedEx Facility
- On The Job With FedEx Truck Drivers
- Tips For Preparing Your Packages
- Don’t Get Hurt Lifting Holiday Packages
Even though Monday is expected to be the busiest single day for FedEx shipping, procrastinators still have time to get their packages out. December 17 is the company’s deadline for FedEx Ground shipping, and December 22 is the last day for FedEx Express shipping. Make sure that your package arrives in time for the holidays, and do not miss these deadlines.
Also Check Out:
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19,000 In 13 Seconds
- Mothers & Daughters Bond Over Plastic Surgery
- Texas Woman Killed Trying To Prevent Boyfriend’s Suicide
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?