FORT WORTH (AP) – A North Texas man with a history of assault has been sentenced to life in prison for killing a woman who had let him stay with her.
The Tarrant County District Attorney announced that Frank Byrd was sentenced to life Tuesday. Prosecutors said Byrd and his girlfriend were staying with Hilary Eaton in her Fort Worth home. Byrd and Eaton earlier this year got into an argument, during which Eaton ordered Byrd out of her house.
Prosecutors say Byrd pointed a rifle at Eaton and said he would “smoke her.” Eaton threatened him to shoot, and Byrd pulled the trigger.
Byrd’s criminal record includes convictions for aggravated sexual assault of a child and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Cowboys Josh Brent Arrested On Intoxication Manslaughter Charges
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Burglary Suspect Arrested, Escapes In Police Car
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19,000 In 13 Seconds
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?