DALLAS (AP) – The PGA of America is introducing its next Ryder Cup captain during a segment of the “Today” show on Thursday.
Adding to the intrigue of the announcement is whether the PGA of America will stick to its prototype of a former major champion who still plays on the PGA Tour, or whether it will look farther into its past to find its latest captain.
David Toms fits the former category, while there has been strong sentiment for either Tom Watson or Larry Nelson.
Nelson is a three-time major champion with a sterling Ryder Cup record. Watson was captain when the Americans last won in Europe in 1993 at The Belfry. The 2014 Ryder Cup will be played at Gleneagles in Scotland, where Watson won four of his British Open titles.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19,000 In 13 Seconds
- Mothers & Daughters Bond Over Plastic Surgery
- Texas Woman Killed Trying To Prevent Boyfriend’s Suicide
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?