MCKINNEY (AP) - The docket is bare but the day is full for a North Texas justice of the peace as he faces an onslaught of brides and grooms determined to exchange vows on 12/12/12.
Paul Raleeh is justice of the peace for Precinct 1 of Collin County, where some of the fastest-growing northern suburbs of Dallas are situated.
County spokesman Tim Wyatt says Raleeh has been overwhelmed with a wave of requests to preside over weddings.
Raleeh usually marries four to five couples a week. For Wednesday, December 12, 2012, Wyatt says Raleeh has 30 scheduled for that day alone.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Cowboys Brent Arrested On Intoxication Manslaughter Charge
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Burglary Suspect Arrested, Escapes In Police Car
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19,000 In 13 Seconds
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?