CBS 11 Header TXA 21 Header MeTV Header KRLD Header The Fan Header

Local

Dallas Salvation Army Store Evacuated For Fumes

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

From Our CBS Music Web Sites

dl image Dallas Salvation Army Store Evacuated For FumesClick To Win A Disney World Vacation

jacks music match up 1982 Dallas Salvation Army Store Evacuated For FumesPick The Best Song From 1982

grand in your hand11 Dallas Salvation Army Store Evacuated For FumesWin A Grand In Your Hand

155742164 Dallas Salvation Army Store Evacuated For FumesPick Your Favorite Victoria Secret Model

Featured Items

Fantasy_tileHottest Olympians

pet_tileYour Pet Photos

weather_tileSend Us Your Weather Photos

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Five people were overcome by fumes and taken to the hospital Wednesday morning when a donated glass container broke at the Salvation Army warehouse and thrift store in Dallas. The incident happened just after 8:30 a.m. at the facility located in the 5500 block of Harry Hines Boulevard.

The center had between 150 and 160 people inside at the time of the incident. Four of the victims were Salvation Army employees. The other victim was a client. Salvation Army spokesman Pat Patey confirmed that all five were taken to the hospital by ambulance once emergency crews arrived on the scene. The conditions of the victims are not known.

Authorities have not said what type of substance was inside of the broken container, but Joel Lavender with Dallas Fire-Rescue said that customers were complaining about the smell of bug spray. The Salvation Army building was evacuated while crews worked to clean up the mess.

This incident could not have come at a worse time, said Salvation Army spokesman Carl Earp, as Wednesday is the thrift store’s busiest sales day of the week, when clothing items are half-price.

Also Check Out: