SAN FRANCISCO (AP) – Clint Dempsey has been voted the Futbol de Primera U.S. national team player of the year award for the second straight year and third time overall.
The 29-year-old Tottenham midfielder received 352 points and 81 first-place votes in media balloting released Wednesday. Dempsey also won the award in 2006.
Roma midfielder Michael Bradley was second with 248 points and 49 firsts, and Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard was third with 169 and 19 firsts.
Dempsey had six goals in nine games for the U.S. this year, giving him 30 goals in 91 international appearances.
The award was formerly known as the Honda player of the year.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Cowboys Brent Arrested On Intoxication Manslaughter Charge
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Burglary Suspect Arrested, Escapes In Police Car
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19,000 In 13 Seconds
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?