For more trusted health
news and information,
visit CBS DFW's
DALLAS (AP) – Baylor Health Care System and Scott & White Healthcare say they plan to merge to create the largest not-for-profit health system in Texas.
They made the announcement Friday. The new system will be called Baylor Scott & White Health. Its combined assets will total nearly $8 billion and include 42 hospitals, 4,000 active doctors and 34,000 employees.
The systems plan to complete a definitive merger agreement next year.
Baylor is one of the largest health care providers in North Texas. Scott & White is dominant in Central Texas and has facilities along the I-35 corridor from Waco to Pflugerville and stretch east to College Station and west to Mason.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Cowboys Brent Arrested On Intoxication Manslaughter Charge
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Burglary Suspect Arrested, Escapes In Police Car
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19,000 In 13 Seconds
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?