FORT WORTH (AP) - Police in Fort Worth have fired an officer accused of helping her boyfriend commit a robbery.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that Tonya Lynn Jones is accused in a letter filed with the Civil Service Commission of tipping off her boyfriend about used furniture in a mostly vacant apartment complex. The letter says Jones was called to the complex on a suspicious person or vehicle report, and later gave her boyfriend the name and location.
The letter says Jones admitted to giving her boyfriend the information.
The newspaper reports that Jones’ boyfriend and roommate were arrested for burglary. Police say they found furniture from the complex in her boyfriend’s apartment.
It’s not yet clear if Jones will face criminal charges.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Cowboys Brent Arrested On Intoxication Manslaughter Charge
- CBS Radio Building Hit By Gunfire
- Burglary Suspect Arrested, Escapes In Police Car
- Snatch & Grab Thieves Nab $19,000 In 13 Seconds
- CBS 11 Investigates: How Dirty Is Your Plane?