HOUSTON (AP) - A travel group has projected nearly 7.7 million Texans will leave home during the upcoming holiday period.
AAA Texas on Monday released the projection for the 11-day travel period from Saturday through Jan. 1. The association predicts a 2.4 percent increase in Texas travelers compared to last year.
Market analysts say improving economic conditions across the country are fueling travel growth.
AAA expects 7.1 million people in Texas will travel by vehicle. The rest are expected to travel by air, train, bus and cruise ships. Texas travelers are expect to log an average of 749 miles round trip during the holiday time frame.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- 2 Fatalities Confirmed In North Texas Plane Crash
- PD: Father Carved Pentagram On 6-Year-Old Son’s Back
- Pro Bowl NT Physically Confronted Jerry Jones In Locker Room