KAUFMAN COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – A tanker truck driver is being treated at a North Texas hospital after crashing his big rig into a lake in Kaufman County.
The accident happened around 1 a.m. off of Highway 175, near State Highway 198, in Mabank. The semi crashed through a guardrail and then hit the water.
“We don’t know what caused him to veer off the road but he did and wrecked there into Cedar Creek Lake,” Mabank Police Chief Kyle McAfee explained.
There wasn’t much concern about hazardous material since Chief McAfee said the tanker was, “Transporting spring water from Jasper, heading to Dallas.”
The only HazMat concern was a small diesel leak from the truck’s fuel tanks.
The entire semi crashed into the lake and the driver had to be pulled from the water. The name of that driver hasn’t been released but the man was taken by air ambulance to Methodist Dallas Medical Center. His current medical condition is not known.
The northbound lanes of Highway 175 were temporarily shutdown while the 18-wheeler was hauled out of the water.
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- 2 Fatalities Confirmed In North Texas Plane Crash
- PD: Father Carved Pentagram On 6-Year-Old Son’s Back
- Pro Bowl NT Physically Confronted Jerry Jones In Locker Room