WACO (AP) – Baylor struggled in the first half, took an early lead in the second and rallied to beat South Carolina Upstate 73-57 on Monday night.
Cory Jefferson led Baylor (7-3) with 17 points. Pierre Jackson scored 15, A.J. Walton had 10 points and Isaiah Austin had 12 points and 10 rebounds.
It was the second consecutive double-double for Austin, who recorded 23 points and 17 rebounds in Baylor’s win over Lamar on Dec. 12, a performance that earned him Big 12 Conference rookie of the week honors.
USC Upstate (4-6) was led by Ricardo Glenn with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Torrey Craig had 14 points and Adrian Rogers scored 10.
This was the first-ever meeting of the two teams.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- 2 Fatalities Confirmed In North Texas Plane Crash
- PD: Father Carved Pentagram On 6-Year-Old Son’s Back
- Pro Bowl NT Physically Confronted Jerry Jones In Locker Room