FORT WORTH (AP) – Garlon Green scored 20 points and TCU held Southern on two long second-half scoring droughts en route to a 68-57 victory on Tuesday night.
Adrick McKinney added 12 points and nine rebounds and Kyan Anderson scored 11 points for the Horned Frogs (7-4) in their first game after a 10-day break for final exams.
Derick Beltran led the Jaguars (4-6) with 17 points. Jameel Grace and Malcolm Miller each scored 12.
TCU extended its lead to double digits for the first time when Green hit two free throws and a 3-pointer for a 55-43 cushion with 6:46 to play. The Frogs’ lead increased to 16 points while Southern went scoreless for three minutes.
Earlier in the half, the Jaguars went almost 81/2 minutes without a point.
Coming into the game, TCU was No. 1 in the Big 12 and No. 6 in the NCAA in scoring defense, giving up 52.5 points a game.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- 2 Fatalities Confirmed In North Texas Plane Crash
- PD: Father Carved Pentagram On 6-Year-Old Son’s Back
- Pro Bowl NT Physically Confronted Jerry Jones In Locker Room