DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas Mavericks announced on Thursday that point guard Derek Fisher will miss tonight’s game against the defending champion Miami Heat.
The 17th-year guard will not travel with the team on its upcoming road trip to Memphis and San Antonio and will be reevaluated next week.
Fisher left Dallas’ game against the Philadelphia 76ers on Tuesday night with a right patellar tendon strain after having his shot blocked by Evan Turner in the first quarter.
Fisher signed as a free agent with the Mavericks on Nov. 29. The 17th-year guard came in averaging 9.4 points and 3.9 assists in eight games this season.
The injury will likely shift Darren Collison back into the starting lineup, where he has appeared in 14 games this season.
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Ms. Grinch Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search