Miss USA Olivia Culpo Is Crowned Miss Universe
LAS VEGAS (AP) – A 20-year-old beauty queen from Rhode Island has been crowned the new Miss Universe.
Miss USA Olivia Culpo beat out 88 competitors Wednesday night to win the title at the Planet Hollywood casino on the Las Vegas Strip.
She strutted in a purple and blue bikini and a red velvet gown and answered a question about her regrets by saying she wished she hadn’t picked on her siblings.
It was the 61th anniversary of the world’s biggest beauty pageant.
Culpo takes the crown from Leila Lopes of Angola.
Miss Philippines Janine Tugonon came in second while Miss Venezuela Irene Sofia Esser Quintero placed third.
The pageant aired live on NBC and was streamed to more than 100 countries.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Ms. Grinch Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search