AUSTIN (AP) – Sheldon McClellan scored 18 points and struggling Texas upset No. 23 North Carolina 85-67 on Wednesday night.
Julien Lewis added 16 points for the Longhorns (7-4), who are off to their worst start since coach Rick Barnes’ first season in 1999 while playing without star guard Myck Kabongo. The NCAA is investigating the sophomore’s relationship with an agent and the Longhorns have given no indication when or if he’ll return.
Reggie Bullock led the Tar Heels (8-3) with 18 points. It was the first loss for North Carolina since being clobbered by then-No. 1 Indiana on Nov. 27, and this was mostly another humiliation after trailing by as many as 19 points.
North Carolina cut the deficit to four points in the second half before Texas sealed the badly needed victory.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- 2 Fatalities Confirmed In North Texas Plane Crash
- PD: Father Carved Pentagram On 6-Year-Old Son’s Back
- Pro Bowl NT Physically Confronted Jerry Jones In Locker Room