TYLER (AP) – An East Texas jailer who was fired after being accused of having sex with a female inmate must serve two years of probation for violating her rights.
The Tyler Morning Telegraph reports jurors earlier Thursday convicted Lakerry Devonerich Bowie of violating the civil rights of a person in custody.
Texas Rangers in 2011 began investigating the allegations after the woman complained about the jailer. Bowie was arrested in March and fired for refusing to answer questions about the incident. Smith County Sheriff J.B. Smith has said Bowie failed to comply with policy concerning internal investigations.
Further details on the jailed woman weren’t immediately available.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Ms. Grinch Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search