FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – Fort Worth’s Kimbell Art Museum will host an exhibit of modern works from the Art Institute of Chicago next year.
The exhibit will feature nearly 100 works, including 10 by Pablo Picasso and 10 by Henri Matisse. It is the largest loan of its kind from the Art Institute.
“The Age of Picasso and Matisse: Modern Masters from the Art Institute of Chicago,” will run from Oct. 6, 2013, through Feb. 16, 2014, at the Kimbell. It’s the only venue for the exhibit.
Kimbell Director Eric M. Lee says some of the great icons of modern art will visit Texas for the first time.
While the exhibit is in Fort Worth, the Chicago museum will be updating galleries that house the collection.
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Ms. Grinch Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search