Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON (AP) – Right-handed reliever Yoshinori Tateyama has agreed to a minor league contract to remain with the Texas Rangers.
The deal announced Thursday includes an invitation to major league spring training camp.
Tateyama made 53 appearances for the Rangers during the past two seasons after pitching professionally the previous 11 years in Japan. The reliever turns 37 Wednesday.
He had three stints with the Rangers this year after going on the disabled list the first week of the season with a lower back muscle strain and allowed 17 earned runs in 17 innings. In 32 appearances at Triple-A Round Rock, he was 4-0 with six saves and a 1.13 ERA.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Ms. Grinch Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search