THE COLONY (CBSDFW.COM) – A soldier from North Texas died on Christmas Eve while defending his country.
The Pentagon says U.S. Army Sergeant Enrique Mondragon of The Colony was killed Monday while on patrol near Kabul, Afghanistan.
Mondragon was assigned to the 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team based in Germany.
The Pentagon says the 23-year-old’s unit was attacked by small arms fire.
His body was flown back to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware Wednesday. Funeral services are pending.
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Ms. Grinch Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search