FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Harold & Lou Nichols are celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary on New Year’s Eve.
The Fort Worth residents still go to Braum’s and have a meal every week for ‘date night.’ They split a meal, and even share a coke with one straw. The pair says it is nostalgic, as they reminisce about their first love. They met at an ice cream parlor when Lou was just 19-years-old making malts.
They say the keys to togetherness are prioritizing church services, tithing (giving 10% of their income to the church) and never fighting. They can honestly say in 70 years they’ve never stayed mad at each other. And they haven’t been in debt or owed any interest to anyone since 1964. They share their secrets for keeping the romance alive in this video:
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Ms. Grinch Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search