DALLAS (AP) – Brian Bernardi scored 20 points, leading four players in double figures, to help SMU beat Furman 72-53 Sunday.
Bernardi, who came off the bench, was 4 of 7 from 3-point range. The freshman’s previous career high was eight points on Dec. 1.
Jalen Jones had 14 points, and Cannen Cunningham had 13 points and nine rebounds for the Mustangs (10-4). Shawn Williams had 10 points, and Nick Russell had seven assists.
The Mustangs led 38-23 at halftime and never trailed in the game.
SMU was 20 of 46 (43.5 percent) from the field for the game, while Furman was 16 of 57 (28.6 percent).
Bryant Irwin led the Paladins (3-9) with 15 points. Colin Reddick had 12 points and seven rebounds.
This was the first meeting between the teams. SMU is 5-0 at home this season.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Ms. Grinch Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search