DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – An overnight fire in South Dallas destroyed a family home and claimed the lives of nine of the family’s dogs, including a litter of seven puppies.
The fire began just after midnight in the 4900 block of Gurley Avenue at South Fitzhugh Avenue, near Fair Park.
When firefighters arrived, the family had evacuated the house, which was fully engulfed in flames.
No one was hurt, but two adult chihuahuas and a litter of seven puppies died in the fire. An adult poodle and a white lab escaped the fire. A black lab was missing following the fire, but has since returned safely to the family.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Also Check Out:
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Ms. Grinch Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Austin Gun Store Owner Offers Teachers A Discount
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search