FORT WORTH (AP) - Beginning this year, Interstate-35E will be expanded between Dallas and Denton.
Work should begin by mid-year. Officials say motorists can expect about 3 1/2 years of construction on Interstate-35E between the LBJ Freeway in the Dallas area and the Interstate-35E/Interstate-35W split in Denton. The work is scheduled to be complete in 2016.
The project is centered in Dallas and Denton counties.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that AGL Constructors was selected for the roughly $1 billion project, which includes adding a free lane in each direction, reversible toll lanes and improved frontage roads.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Sporting Goods Customers Complain: Guns Paid For, But Not Delivered
- Dallas Meat Packer Indicted For Pig Blood Pollution
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search