DALLAS (AP) – Police are investigating the death of a pedestrian who was struck by a Dallas Area Rapid Transit train on an elevated stretch of track.
A DART spokesman says the incident happened Wednesday night at the Southwestern Medical District/Parkland Station. Mark Ball says witnesses told investigators that the man was standing behind a pole and stepped in front of the train as it left the station.
The man died at the scene. His name wasn’t immediately released. An autopsy has been ordered.
The DART station was briefly closed following the incident.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Sporting Goods Customers Complain: Guns Paid For, But Not Delivered
- Dallas Meat Packer Indicted For Pig Blood Pollution
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search