DENTON (AP) - Tony Mitchell recorded the 15th double-double of his career Thursday night with 29 points and 15 rebounds to lead North Texas past Troy 76-59.
Mitchell was 10 for 12 from the free-throw line and added four blocks to his stat sheet against Troy.
North Texas (6-9, 1-3 Sun Belt) led 13-0 to begin the game before R.J. Scott finally put Troy on the scoreboard with a 3-pointer nearly 8 minutes into the first half. Despite a 29-23 run to end the first half sparked by Scott’s 3-pointer, Troy was never able to recover.
The Mean Green shot 48.3 percent from the field, making 28 of 58 shots. Jordan Williams had 12 points and six rebounds for North Texas while teammate Roger Franklin had 10 points, six rebounds and three steals. Alzee Williams had 10 points.
Westley Hinton scored 13 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead Troy (5-10, 0-4).
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Sporting Goods Customers Complain: Guns Paid For, But Not Delivered
- Dallas Meat Packer Indicted For Pig Blood Pollution
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search