COLLEGE STATION (AP) - Kelsey Bone had 20 points and 14 rebounds as No. 24 Texas A&M opened Southeastern Conference play with a 91-52 victory over Alabama on Thursday night.
It was Bone’s eighth straight game with at least 15 points and eight rebounds, as she has averaged 23.4 points and 10.6 rebounds during that stretch.
Kristi Bellock added 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Aggies (11-4), who have won 11 of their last 12 games after an 0-3 start. Peyton Little had 13 points, while Adrienne Pratcher and Karla Gilbert had 12 apiece.
Daisha Simmons scored 12 points for Alabama (10-4), which had won four straight games heading into its SEC opener.
Texas A&M shot 54 percent from the field — compared to just 33 percent for Alabama — and outrebounded the Crimson Tide 52-25.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Sporting Goods Customers Complain: Guns Paid For, But Not Delivered
- Dallas Meat Packer Indicted For Pig Blood Pollution
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Texas Women Claim Assault, Humiliation After Roadside Cavity Search