THE COLONY (CBSDFW.COM) – The remains of fallen U.S. Army Sergeant Enrique Mondragon were flown to North Texas on Sunday. Mondragon died on Christmas Eve while defending his country.
The Pentagon says Sergeant Mondragon of The Colony was killed when his unit was attacked by small arms fire while on patrol near Kabul, Afghanistan.
Mondragon, 23, was assigned to the 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team based in Germany. Mondragon was a husband, a son, a brother and a father.
According to the Dallas Morning News, Mondragon was born and raised in Dallas and graduated from The Colony High School in 2007.
The visitation will take place on Monday at noon at the Mulkey Mason Funeral Home in Lewisville. The funeral service will be at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano on Tuesday. Mondragon will be buried at the Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery.
Also Check Out:
- Customers Complain: Guns Paid For, But Not Delivered
- Dallas Meat Packer Indicted For Pig Blood Pollution
- TSA Detains ‘Explosive-Laced’ Girl In Wheelchair
- Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket
- Women Claim Assault After Roadside Cavity Search