DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A shooting inside a parking garage has students and staff at UT Southwestern Medical Center on alert.
UT Southwestern police found a female on the 4th floor of parking garage 2 Tuesday evening. The hospital later confirmed the woman has died.
The garage is typically used by hospital staff, and is located in the center of the sprawling Dallas campus off Harry Hines and Inwood.
In a campus-wide text alert sent to medical students and staff, the school said they were investigating a possible homicide.
The alert ordered everyone to stay inside and stay clear of the area until further notice.
Police say they are searching for a shooting suspect, but have not released any details, and did not say if there was any immediate threat to the campus. The hospital does remain on lockdown during the police investigation.
Also Check Out:
- Cruz: Shutdown May Be Necessary
- 2013 Payroll Tax Increase Means Your Paycheck Will Shrink
- North Texas Teen Killed By Flu Complications Remembered
- Church Elects Registered Sex Offender As Sr. Pastor
- Grapevine Teens Dead In Suspected Narcotics Overdose