ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Arlington police have arrested a man they say set fire to his ex-girlfriend’s house, which she shares with her parents.
Hieu Tran Ly, 28, faces two counts of attempted capital murder and is being held in the Arlington jail. Bail has not been set.
Police and firefighters responded to a fire call at about 3 a.m. on Jan 10, in the 7200 block of Fossil Lake. Ly’s ex-girlfriend, who was not home when the fire occurred, and her parents were standing outside.
Based on information and evidence gathered at the scene, investigators determined quickly the fire had been intentionally set and that Ly was a suspect.
Arlington police and fire are both investigating this case.
Also Check Out:
- Cruz: Shutdown May Be Necessary
- 2013 Payroll Tax Increase Means Your Paycheck Will Shrink
- North Texas Teen Killed By Flu Complications Remembered
- Church Elects Registered Sex Offender As Sr. Pastor
- Grapevine Teens Dead In Suspected Narcotics Overdose