NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Former Texas Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison is dismissing a report that mentioned her as a potential Transportation Secretary during President Obama’s second term.
The report came from “The Hill” on Thursday. While in Congress Hutchison was a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee’s Transportation, Housing and Urban Development subcommittee and was a member of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee.
Friday, a spokeswoman said Senator Hutchison would not consider a cabinet position of any kind, and that she’s looking forward to a career in the private sector.
Hutchison retired from the Senate this month, after serving for 19 years.
Also Check Out:
- Cruz: Shutdown May Be Necessary
- 2013 Payroll Tax Increase Means Your Paycheck Will Shrink
- North Texas Teen Killed By Flu Complications Remembered
- Church Elects Registered Sex Offender As Sr. Pastor
- Grapevine Teens Dead In Suspected Narcotics Overdose