WASHINGTON (AP) – Vice President Joe Biden is reaching out to the video game industry as the White House seeks to assemble proposals to combat gun violence in response to last month’s massacre at a Connecticut elementary school.
Biden is scheduled to meet with video game representatives Friday as the White House explores cultural factors that may contribute to violent behavior.
The vice president, who is leading a task force that will present recommendations to President Barack Obama next week, met with other representatives from the entertainment industry, including Comcast Corp. and the Motion Picture Association of America, on Thursday.
Friday’s meeting comes a day after the National Rifle Association rejected Obama administration proposals on guns and high-capacity ammunition magazines.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Cruz: Shutdown May Be Necessary
- 2013 Payroll Tax Increase Means Your Paycheck Will Shrink
- North Texas Teen Killed By Flu Complications Remembered
- Church Elects Registered Sex Offender As Sr. Pastor
- Grapevine Teens Dead In Suspected Narcotics Overdose