DALLAS (AP) – Two children of the late Robert F. Kennedy will speak in Dallas as a year of observances begins for the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Rory Kennedy will be interviewed Friday evening by journalist Charlie Rose before an audience at a downtown opera house. They’ll discuss the family’s influence on politics, culture and history.
Their uncle was assassinated in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963. Five years later their father was assassinated in a Los Angeles hotel ballroom during his primary victory celebration.
Various events are planned by organizations throughout Dallas to commemorate JFK’s assassination. The city of Dallas will mark Nov. 22 with a solemn ceremony.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Cruz: Shutdown May Be Necessary
- 2013 Payroll Tax Increase Means Your Paycheck Will Shrink
- North Texas Teen Killed By Flu Complications Remembered
- Church Elects Registered Sex Offender As Sr. Pastor
- Grapevine Teens Dead In Suspected Narcotics Overdose