OWINGS MILLS, Md. (AP) — The Ravens will once again embrace their role as underdogs in the AFC championship game against the New England Patriots, who have been installed as 9½-point favorites Sunday to beat Baltimore and advance to the Super Bowl.
After eliminating top-seeded Denver 38-35 in double-overtime Saturday, the Ravens (12-6) watched New England (13-4) defeat Houston on Sunday. Baltimore might have had an easier time against the Texans, but many of the Ravens longer for a rematch of last year’s AFC title game, won by the Patriots 23-20.
Baltimore defensive tackle Haloti Ngata said Monday, “I think we personally kind of wanted to play the Patriots again. If we go to the Super Bowl, it would be great to go through Foxborough.”
The Ravens were also underdogs in Denver.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Cruz: Shutdown May Be Necessary
- 2013 Payroll Tax Increase Means Your Paycheck Will Shrink
- North Texas Teen Killed By Flu Complications Remembered
- Church Elects Registered Sex Offender As Sr. Pastor
- Grapevine Teens Dead In Suspected Narcotics Overdose