DALLAS (AP) — Customer-service agents at American Airlines are narrowly rejecting a union’s bid to represent them in collective bargaining with the company.
The workers voted against representation by the Communications Workers of America by 3,052 to 2,902, or 51 percent to 49 percent. Results were released Tuesday.
American fought to stop the election before it even took place. The airline went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court in a failed bid to have the election blocked.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Cruz: Shutdown May Be Necessary
- 2013 Payroll Tax Increase Means Your Paycheck Will Shrink
- North Texas Teen Killed By Flu Complications Remembered
- Church Elects Registered Sex Offender As Sr. Pastor
- Grapevine Teens Dead In Suspected Narcotics Overdose