Dallas Stars CentralShop for Dallas Stars Gear
Buy Dallas Stars Tickets
DALLAS (AP) — The Dallas Stars are a long way from playoff relevance after four straight years without a postseason trip.
Such a drought was unthinkable when team captain Brenden Morrow was a rookie in 2000 and Dallas was in the middle of a four-year stretch that included 73 playoff games.
Getting back to the playoffs will require the Stars to navigate the NHL’s version of a short season — a 48-game schedule trimmed by the 113-day lockout.
The Stars think they upgraded their offense by adding Jaromir Jagr and Ray Whitney, a pair of 40-year-old forwards who went through the NHL’s last 48-game season in 1994-95.
The long-delayed opener is Saturday night at home against Phoenix.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies