LUBBOCK (AP) - Chynna Brown scored 20 points Saturday night to help Texas Tech beat No. 23 Kansas 70-63.
Brown, who was 8 of 13 from the floor, added four assists and four steals. Casey Morris chipped in 16 points for the Lady Raiders (14-4, 4-2 Big 12), who now lead the all-time series with Kansas 15-5.
Chelsea Gardner led the Jayhawks (11-5, 2-3) with 18 points and 13 rebounds off the bench. Kansas had not played since Sunday’s 82-60 loss to No. 1 Baylor.
Kansas took its only lead, 48-47, on Angel Goodrich’s jumper with 12:11 to play, but Brown scored the next five points on two jumpers and a free throw to put Texas Tech ahead for good. The Jayhawks pulled within 65-63 on a Carolyn Davis free throw with 1:20 to play, but Kansas wouldn’t score again. Texas Tech sealed the victory with five free throws in the final minute.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies