For more trusted health
news and information,
visit CBS DFW's
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) - This flu season has been particularly harsh, attacking even those supposedly protected by the flu shot. And to prove that the illness does not discriminate, one North Texas mayor is now recovering from a bout with the flu.
Mayor Robert Cluck was admitted to Arlington Memorial Hospital for one night due to an extended flu battle. The Arlington mayor is now back home and doing well, according to an emailed news release.
“For the past seven to 10 days, I have been battling a particularly aggressive form of flu in spite of the fact I had the shot some time ago,” Cluck said in the release. “Last night, it recurred and required a trip to the hospital. Less than 24 hours later, I was home. I look forward to a quick and complete recovery.”
Cluck expects to resume his full schedule soon.
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies