WACO (AP) - Baylor remains No. 1 in The Associated Press women’s basketball poll for a third straight week after two easy victories.
The Lady Bears cruised to wins over Kansas State and West Virginia and have 28 straight Big 12 regular-season victories. Baylor had 35 first-place ballots.
The Lady Bears will face No. 24 Iowa State and 20th-ranked Oklahoma this week.
Notre Dame, UConn, Duke and Kentucky round out the first five. The Blue Devils, the last unbeaten team in Division I basketball, visit the Huskies on Monday night.
The Wildcats are followed by Stanford, California, Penn State, Tennessee and Maryland. None of the Top 10 teams changed as they went 18-0, winning by an average of 22.5 points.
Michigan State entered the poll at No. 25 while Kansas fell out.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies