NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – It was earlier this month when a Grapevine man was charged with Criminally Negligent Homicide for leaving two teenagers in his house, unconscious. The boys, who were both high school students, died after a night of drugs and alcohol.
Monday the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office, after performing detailed autopsies, released the official cause of the death for the teens.
The medical examiner determined that both Chase Nunez, 18, and 17-year old Kyle McNutt died from Mixed Drug Toxicity. In their case the “mixed drugs” consisted of heroin, codeine, alprazolam (Xanax), and diphenhydramine (a product similar to Benadryl).
Cullen Marino, 22, is charged in connection with the boy’s death. Police say Marino not only provided the drugs and alcohol taken by a group of people at his house, but then did little or nothing when Nunez and McNutt appeared to be in trouble.
Two days after the teens were found dead and Marino was arrested Grapevine police Sergeant Robert Eberling said, “We just know that he [Cullen Marino] disclosed the fact that he discovered, at some point throughout the night, that both victim’s were unresponsive. And he merely just picked them up and moved them to another room, instead of what a reasonable person would do would call 911 and try to render some medical aid to the victims,” Eberling went on to say, “We feel that if that [medical attention] would have happened then chances are that both victims would have survived and be here today.”
Nunez and McNutt were both Southlake Carroll High School students.
Cullen Marino has a criminal history that includes convictions for drug possession and Driving While Intoxicated. He faces two counts of Criminally Negligent Homicide and remains in the Tarrant County Jail on $10,000 bond.
Also Check Out:
- Man Shoots Self At North Texas Shopping Mall
- Victim Critical After Lewisville House Explosion
- Texas Man Reunited With Dog Who Had Been Missing After Crash
- Person Off Overpass Closes Lanes Of I-635 Dallas
- Live NICU Cameras Let Parents ‘Peek-A-Boo’ At Babies