10. Ladies and gentlemen, your Super Bowl quarterbacks played college football at Nevada (Colin Kaepernick), and Delaware (Joe Flacco).
9. Happy for Leonard Davis. Cut by the Cowboys two years ago, the offensive lineman’s going to the Super Bowl with the 49ers.
8. Thought the 49ers were going to lose when Michael Crabtree fumbled at Atlanta’s 1. San Francisco couldn’t overcome Kyle Williams’ fumbles last year. But the Niners are better this year.
7. Got to credit Flacco. Already has 6 playoff road wins and this year vanquished Peyton Manning and Tom Brady on the road.
6. Biggest play of Patriots-Ravens may have been another Wes Welker drop. The guy who dropped a key pass in last year’s Super Bowl loss again muffed a big one. This one came on a pass that would’ve given New England a 1st down at Baltimore’s 20 already with a 13-7 lead. After the punt the inspired Ravens drove 90 yards and never looked back.
5. Watching Jim and John Harbaugh square off in the Super Bowl will be akin to watching Serena and Venus Williams in a Grand Slam final. As in, it’ll be difficult to care.
4. Didn’t expect the 49ers to be able to win with Kaepernick running for only 21 yards. While stopping the run, though, the Falcons forgot to cover Vernon Davis.
3. I think the Falcons have a legitimate beef with the non-penalty on their final 4th-down pass at San Francisco’s 10. 49ers’ linebacker Navarro Bowman held Roddy White, then mugged him as Matt Ryan’s pass approached. An interference (or holding) penalty there is a 1st and Goal for Atlanta and… who knows?
2. Tom Brady had been 67-0 at home with a lead at halftime. But he was shut out in the second half. And his horrible clock management at the end of the 1st half looked perfectly Cowboys-esque.
1. Prepare for the nauseating storylines in New Orleans: Super Bro I; Ray Lewis’ last dance. Vomit.